In this project I recreated the standard android weather app included in MIUI. The goal of this project was to learn more about coding and creating something based on a set design. I took the original design of the app, recreated it in code and added some personal flavour to it.
To start off I took several screenshots of the original app and created a breakdown sketch. By doing this I managed to get a good idea of what the structure of the app was going to look like.
- Realistic cloud effects made with SVG filters.
- Randomized wind-direction pointers
- Sunset/sunrise curve animation based on local time, created with SVG and Lottie.js
- (on 5-day forecast) Randomized weather icons
- (on 5-day forecast) Days displayed based on current weekday, in order
- Visual Studio Code
- After Effects
Github and demoLink to demo
Not supported on desktop.Github page